Go to navigation

Council tax reductions for single adult occupiers

You can receive a 25% discount from your household council tax bill if there is only one adult occupier 18 years of age or more.

If someone is working away from home or on holiday, it will not usually count as a change of residency and a discount cannot normally be applied if just one person remains in the household in such circumstances.

Complete a discount form for single occupiers.

To advise us about a member of your household moving out, email us at ctax@medway.gov.uk giving their name, date of moving and their forwarding address.