Go to navigation

Council tax reductions for visiting forces


When counting the number of adults in a household for the purpose of council tax, some people who are members of a visiting force or their dependants can be disregarded.

Apply for a discount for a member of visiting forces.


Properties occupied by members of visiting forces

  • The property can be either occupied or unoccupied
  • The person liable for council tax must be a member of a visiting force
  • The exemption also applies to their dependants if they are not British Citizens or normally resident in the UK

Apply for an exemption for properties occupied by members of visiting forces.