Go to navigation
Sixth form learner support fund
The learner support fund is available to help students aged
16-19 who continue their learning in sixth form education and who
face financial constraints that might otherwise mean that they
could not afford to stay on at school.
Application forms are available from the school or from Medway
Council's School Transport and Benefit team. Phone 01634 331155 or
to ask for one.
Who is eligible?
Students are eligible if they live in Medway, are over
compulsory school leaving age and in school sixth form
Priority will be given to the following:
- care leavers or those in care
- lone parents
- disabled students (including those with sensory impairment or
- students undertaking basic education or English as a second
- students or their parents who receive income support,
jobseekers allowance (income based) or working tax credit - current
proof of entitlement to these benefits is required
- students or parents who are on a low income - proof of income
and expenditure will be required.
Who besides the pupil needs to complete and sign the form?
- Parents - current proof of income and/or benefit must be
- Headteacher - after the start of the term.
The closing dates are detailed on the application form. No late
applications will be considered.
How much can be paid?
The amount may vary from term to term, due to the number of
applicants and their individual needs.
Students going to college may be able to receive assistance from
the college's own Access Fund. They should speak to the college
directly about this.