Go to navigation

Tree Protection

Tree Preservation Orders, Conservation Areas, Planning Conditions, Felling Licences, and Sites of Special Scientific Interest, give legal protection to many trees in the UK. Anyone wishing to prune or remove tree(s) should first make suitable enquiries as to the legal status of the tree(s) and any protection afforded to them before undertaking any work, in order to protect themselves and others from possible prosecutions or enforcement action.