Go to navigation
Parks and open spaces
If you spot damage or vandalism in Medway's open spaces to play equipment report it using thisonline form.
Medway Council manages and develops parks, recreation grounds
and other green spaces and provides opportunities for everyone to
It provides the following services:
- attractive and accessible green spaces;
- events, interpretation and education programmes
for both adults and children;
- volunteer opportunities to participate in conserving and improving the
- offer opportunities for residents to have say on green
- an effective tree management and advisory service;
- a range of good quality built and planted facilities to cater
- Offer facilities that give young people opportunities for
informal, social recreation;
- an allotment
- a rolling programme of development based on the Wildlife,
Countryside and Open Spaces Strategy 2008-16.
Medway has many parks and recreational grounds at various locations. For
information on recent activities on these sites visit the latest news page.
Across Medway there are many play areas providing safe
recreational facilities for children. Some play areas may be in or
near parks, recreation and playing fields but separate from other
facilities at the site.
General enquiries and reports of defects or other problems
should be made via customer services using the contact details
provided below or by completing one of these online forms:
Anti-social behaviour includes the riding of motorbikes across
open spaces. Some barriers have been installed and the council
works with the police to target problem areas.