Go to navigation


Services for adults with social care needs

Medway Council tries to help people to live as independently as possible. It pays for and provides a wide range of social care services for adults who are unable to provide these services for themselves.  Due to limited resources, services are targeted at those people who are in greatest need and who meet the eligibility criteria.

Adults for whom the council can provide services will fall into one or more of the following categories:

The council has a handbook that provides information and advice about services that are available in Medway and what to think about when choosing services and understanding the full range of options available to you when seeking care and support.

The council provides a wide range of services to meet the needs of people in the community who are eligible to receive them. These services include:

If you need to make a referral or need general information about social services for adults, please use the contact details below.

Access to social services records

The council's Children and Adults - Caring and Learning Directorate will keep records about people who receive a service from it. These records could be stored on paper, on computer or on both. This information is confidential and is only seen by professionals and staff involved in each case. The law gives you the right to ask to see the information the council holds about you.

Normal office hours are:

  • Monday - Thursday, 8.30am to 5.15pm
  • Friday, 8.30am to 4.45pm

Phone: 01634 334466

Email: ss.accessandinfo@medway.gov.uk

If an emergency happens at any other time, please contact a duty social worker on the 24-hour emergency contact number: 0845 7626777