Go to navigation
Medway Council's Substance Misuse
Team offers confidential service assessments for clients with
substance misuse problems, as well as offering help for family and
friends about people they know who may be misusing substances.
To assess individuals who misuse
substances, implement care plans to facilitate positive changes and
reduce harm through the delivery and development of services.
- Comprehensive assessment for care management
- Support and advice for individuals
- Support for people with substance misuse problems in the
- Assessment and where appropriate, funding for community or
- Support through rehabilitation and resettlement
- Harm reduction
- General advocacy and support with social and practical
- Follow ups and referrals
- Collaboration with other agencies in providing a service to
individuals who may have additional difficulties
- Telephone support
- Information and advice to other agencies.
People with substance misuse
problems who have tried other methods, perhaps community or prison
interventions, unsuccessfully or who have tried methods that did
not meet their needs.
The team consists of professionally
qualified care managers with expertise in dealing with substance
Out of hours service
In the event of extreme urgency
which cannot wait until the next working day, please contact the
duty care manager on the out of hours telephone number below. In
the event of medical urgency, please contact the Accident and
Emergency Unit at Medway Maritime