Go to navigation
Medway Council owns and manages approximately 3,000 properties
in Gillingham, Rainham and Twydall. It provides a holistic service
- neighbourhood management;
- estate services;
- Homes for Independent living accommodation for people
aged 60 years and older;
- garage rentals.
Housing is funded through the Housing Revenue Account (HRA). The
money in the HRA comes from the rent collected from tenants and
some government funding. Council housing does not receive any
funding from the council tax collected in Medway. This is why
paying the rent is so important. Without it, the council could not
run the housing service.
Visit the Housing Revenue Account business plan for more
A customer satisfaction survey undertaken in 2011 showed that 77
per cent of Medway Council tenants were satisfied with the service.
The council is currently working on an action plan to address the
weaker areas of its service delivery and the ways in which it
engages with its customers.
Find out more about:
Useful phone numbers
- Repairs - 01634 333601
- Repairs freephone - 0800 0730073
- Out of hours emergency repairs - 01634
- Estate Services (block cleaning) - 01634
- Neighbourhood Housing Officers / ASB reporting - 01634
- Homechoice - 01634 333561
Add this page to my Quick Links: Add page
Send this page to a friend: Send