Go to navigation
Housing Improvement Board
The Housing Services Scrutiny Panel are a panel of
tenants and leaseholders who monitor and review our service to
ensure that tenants and leaseholders have a real influence on
the services we provide and access to full debate and discussion on
matters affecting the management of their homes.
The Housing Services Scrutiny Panel meet to review our
policies, plans and performance reports that relate to housing
management and customer service.
Involving residents in the decision making process is crucial to
meeting the needs of customers, and providing customers with the
opportunity to challenge and influence how housing services are
delivered to their communities.
The purpose of the Housing Services Scrutiny Panel is
- ensure that the council's policies and practices meet the
diverse needs of our customers;
- enable our customers to challenge our performance and
- enable tenants and leaseholders to influence and make
recommendations in the management of their homes.
- provide Medway Council with a clearer understanding of
customers priorities and views in order to inform business
- make sure the services we provide are influenced by customers
and improved to meet customer needs.
An example of a work plan may include the following
- review and comment on Medway Council's
policies and procedures;
- openly advise of areas where service could be
improved or are doing well;
- scrutinise, challenge and monitor the services provided;
- attend training courses and events about customer empowerment
to gain skills and confidence to represent customers views when
reviewing polices and procedures;
- monitor and review the council's methods of involvement;
- attend other resident involvement meetings to gain customers'
views and opinions about service provision;
- attend Housing Improvement Board meetings and provide feedback
on the council's procedures and performance.
How much time will it take?
The Housing Services Scrutiny Panel rates as a ‘high’ level
involvement option. This means that it will take more of a
customer’s time than some of our other involvement options. The
Housing Services Scrutiny Panel will meet about every
eight weeks and members may also attend training events or
conferences which will assist in empowering them to influence the
council's policies and procedures.
How to apply
If you would like to register your interest to join the Housing
Improvement Board please phone or email Katherine Clark using the
contact details below.
Add this page to my Quick Links: Add page
Send this page to a friend: Send