Go to navigation
Listed here you will find the Dickensian personalia held in
the Fitzgerald Collection at Medway Archives and Local Studies Centre. To
find a specific item hold the Ctrl key on your
keyboard and press F, insert the title you are
searching for in the find box and use the next
option to skip to the record you require.
- item 149 British Museum Reading. List of books read by Dickens.
(Jarvis Catalogue)(Included Doust's 'Dance of Death'. See
- item 388 (mm) Dickens' Cup. (Ye Old Saracens Head, Bath)
- item 288 Gad's Hill - papers and letters re the purchase
- item 155 Gad's Hill - bill of fare
- item 167, 349 (u) Gad's Hill Gazette.
- item 195 Guild of Literature and Art. Prospectus. 12
- item 331 (t) Handwriting and Punctuation. Specimen from 'Oliver
- item 168 Handwriting and Punctuation. Punctuation (Westminster
- item 324 (gg) Holloway's offer of £1,000 - to be mentioned by
Dickens (Quoted from 'The World')
- item 288 Household Words. Letter to his solicitor, F. Ouvry re
discontinuation of editorship. 7 February 1859
- item 288 Household Words. Deed as regards ownership. In
chancery. Correspondence between Forster and Bradbury and
- item 387 Insurance Policy, Dickens Life
- item 296 (q) Marriage. 'Charles Dickens' Marriage', quoted from
'The New York Herald'.
- items 293 (g) and 296 (e) Proof Reading and Correcting, of a
story by Fitzgerald
- item 285 Proof reading and correcting, sent to Ann Proctor
- items 389 (kk), 375 (z, ff), and 204 Proof Reading and
- item 376 Public Functions. Banquet at Freemason's Hall. 2
November 1867. Authentic record, programme and menu
- item 324 (ze, zg) Public Functions. Speech etc as reported in
'Evening Standard'. 4 November 1867
- item 288 Purchase of 393 and 395 Commercial Road, Portsea. 29
September,1903. Dickens' birthplace
- Royal Literary Fund. The answer to the Committee's Summary of
facts, by C.W. Dilke, C. Dickens and John Forster
- item 344 (n) Theatricals. Two old programmes, by P. Fitzgerald.
Concert on 7 April, 1870 at Dickens' House, 5 Hyde Place. Private
theatricals which he directed at Lady Freake's house. 2 June
- item 324 (g) Theatricals. 'His Last Act as Stage Manager', by
Herman C. Merivale. Times February, 1883
- item 324 (g) Will of Charles Dickens
- item 341A (z) Telegram sent for medical aid when Dickens was
- item 291 Obituary Notice. 'Daily News'. 11 June 1870
- item 270 (a) Obituary Notice. 'Echo'. 11 June 1870
- item 388 (zl) Obituary Notice. 'Times', and a leading
- items 297 (c) and 299 (c) Obituary Notices. Others.
- item 324 (i, j, k) Obituary Notices. Sermon of the Bishop of
- item 324 (zz) Obituary Notices. Memorial card
- item 376 Sale of Modern Pictures etc. 9 July 1870, at
- items 326, 354, 358, and 376. Sale of Modern Pictures etc.
Dickens' Memento. A copy of the sale catalogue with the names of
the various purchasers and prices realised.
- item 324 (qq) Sale of Modern Pictures. Resale of Dickens'
- item 335 (b) Sale of Dickens' Office Furniture.
- item 376 Sale of the Books in his Library. Part only of the
- item 376 Sale of the Books in his Library. Catalogue of re-sale
at Willis' Rooms on 17 November 1893. Dickens' items starred.
- item 376 Sale of Household Furniture at Gad's Hill. 10-13
- item 324 (l, n, o) Sale of Household Furniture at Gad's Hill.
Sundry newspaper reports. Prices of certain things stated.
- item 349 (k-n) Distribution of Mementos.
- item 335 (z) Sun Dial. Subsequently sold for £50.10
- item 348 (oo) Chair bequeathed to Athenaeum Club. Daily
Telegraph. 21 October 1898
- item 388 (d) Proposed Dickens' memorial. Circular re 'National
- item 163 Proposed Dickens' memorial. purchase of Gad's
Hill. Letters of P. Fitzgerald to the Daily Chronicle.
- item 288 Proposed Dickens' Memorial. Purchase of Nos. 393 and
395 Commercial Road, Portsea. 29 September 1903
Add this page to my Quick Links: Add page
Send this page to a friend: Send