Go to navigation
Chatham Community Hub also offers information and
support on a range of additional services.
Medway Libraries are proud to offer accessible services for
everybody. Find out about access to services at Chatham Community Hub.
Chatham Library opening hours
- Monday - 9am-6pm
- Tuesday - 10am-7pm
- Wednesday - 9am-6pm
- Thursday - 9am-7pm
- Friday - 9am-6pm
- Saturday - 9am-5pm
Library facilities include:
- fax (01634 337800)
- flat-bed scanner
- payment by credit and debit card
- photocopier - colour
- public access
computers (free of charge)
- public toilets
- refreshment area
- study tables
- Medway Council Contact Point
- Wi-Fi with free access
- Xbox consoles for public use
- graphic novels
- Films on DVD and
- Accessible reading
- console games (DS,
PS3, XBox360 and Wii)
- language courses on CD
- local history books
- energy meters
- Tottenham Hotspur Opus, a stunning piece of Spurs memorabilia
featuring exclusive interviews, signatures and a rich array of rare
or previously unpublished archive photos sourced from agencies and
private collections from around the world.
The Opus was donated to Medway Libraries by Tracey Crouch, MP
for Chatham and Aylesford and is on display in the
non-fiction area of Chatham Library.
We supply recycling bags, dog poop bags, issue visitor's
parking vouchers; and we sell memory sticks and earbud
Regular events at Chatham Community Hub
bounce and rhyme - Tuesday and Wednesday, 10.30-11am
- ESOL course (learn English as a second language)
- Wednesday (term-time only), 6.30pm
- Hard of hearing (HoH) readers group -
First Wednesday of the month, 2pm
- Jobcentre Plus - Arranged on request
- New to
computers - Arranged on request
- Pregnancy smoking cessation one to one clinic - Monday,
group - Third Thursday of the month, 10.30am
- Stop smoking group - Thursday, 5.30-6.45pm and Saturday,
- Toddler shake and boogie - Thursday,
- Visually impaired people (VIP) readers
group - Last Thursday of the month, 2pm
- Young persons smoking cessation one to one clinic -
- West Kent Lifeways - Tuesday, fortnightly, 1-4pm (by
- Shaw Trust - Twice a month, arranged on request
Visit Medway to find on what's going on at your local
How to find us.
When heading up Dock Road towards Gillingham, take the first
left turning (immediately after the Contact Point building) signed Riverside
car park. The library is just by the public car park.
map of Medway libraries.
The nearest train station is
Chatham Railway Station, 0.6 miles.
- From Nu-Venture, Strood Estate, take 170-175.
- From Nu-Venture, Halling Railway Station, take 151.
- From Walderslade Village Centre, take 176.
- From Duncan Road, Gillingham, take 101.
- From Twydall shops, take 182.
- From Hempstead Valley, take 113, 114 or 116.
- From Earl Estate, Bligh Way, take 140-141.
- From The George, City Way, Rochester, take 145.
- From Kits Coty Lower Warren Road, take 142.
- From Chatham Grove, take164.
- From Lordswood, The Kestrel Shopping Centre,
- From Rainham, Caldew Avenue, take 700.
- From Wayfield, Mill Lane, take 701.
The nearest bus stops are Chatham Waterfront bus station, Chatham
Railway Station, Fort Amherst and Gun Wharf.
Contact Point at Chatham Community Hub
In Chatham Community Hub, which is located in Chatham Library,
you can access a wide range of services in addition to those
offered by Medway
- Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm
- Saturday, 9am-1pm
Find out what facilities are
available at Chatham Community Hub
You can access a wide range of Medway Council Contact Point services in
addition to those offered by Medway Libraries.
If you have a suggestion you feel would improve this library, we
would like to hear from you.
Add this page to my Quick Links: Add page
Send this page to a friend: Send