Go to navigation

St George's Centre

Photo of St George's Centre interiorThe foundation stone of this building was laid on 27 April 1905 and on completion, was dedicated by the Lord Bishop of Rochester, as St George's Church on 19 December 1906.

For many years it served the needs of the Royal Navy Pembroke Barracks. With the Navy's departure in 1984, this fine building changed its name to St George's Centre and opened its doors, inviting all to see its many memorials bearing witness to the heroic deeds of many gallant men and ships.

There are beautiful stained glass windows, many unveiled by HRH Princess Elizabeth in 1950 and plaques commemorating local naval history throughout the century.

The hall can take up to 300 people. It is close to public transport and kitchen facilities will be available soon.


Pembroke Road

Chatham Maritime




Is found in the University of Greenwich Medway Campus, (inside the black gates). From M2/A2 follow the signs for Medway Tunnel.


To book or for more information please phone 01634 335 472.

Broadband symbolWireless broadband symbolCar park symbolDisabled access symbolEquipment hire symbol