Go to navigation
Strood Sports Centre
Strood Sports Centre has undergone a major refurbishment
worth £1.9 million, transforming it into a more modern,
spacious and inviting facility for all of Medway to
The state-of-the-art fitness suite is double the size of the
previous one, and there are new fitness studios preparing to
host an exciting new programme of classes.
General improvements to the reception, changing areas and more
mean Medway’s second busiest sports centre is more bustling
than ever before.
Echoes Gym and Fitness Classes
- More than 100 cardiovascular equipment,
free weights and abdominal strengthening stations
- New equipment including a Functional
training zone, Trixter indoor cycling and a power plate
- Fully qualified fitness instructors and
- Sauna, steam and relaxation zone
- Dedicated indoor group cycle studio
- Dance studios themed to offer environments
suitable for large, high-energy and relaxation classes
Echoes membership covers the use of
the gyms at all four of Medway Council's sports centres,
with packages ranging from just gym and swim through
to the use of all facilities, including golf at Deangate.
Senior packages and day rates are also available.
Find out more about Echoes Gym
All classes are free to Echoes
members. Centre members and non-members can also pay to attend
Download the Winter
2016 fitness timetable (pdf 316kb).
- 25-metre, eight-lane pool
- warm water teaching pool
- hydrotherapy pool
- comprehensive swimming lessons
- Swimfit resources available poolside
- family splash inflatable sessions held
Download the swimming timetable (pdf
Hydrotherapy pool sessions:
- Parent and toddler course: 12-week course. Ask at
reception for latest availability
- Aqua tots open sessions: Pre-schoolers and
babies session combining singing and gentle exercise for you and
your child. Thursdays 9am-9.30am and
- Aqua Bumps: Water-based aerobics class for pregnant
women. Mondays at 7pm. £7.10 per session
- Open physical therapy swimming for those with disabilities or
recovering from injuries: Monday and Friday 8.30am to
Find out more about swimming in Medway, including free swimming for
under 16s and over 60s and our child ratio policies.
Indoor and outdoor sports facilities
- 3G all weather Astroturf
multi-sport pitches used for five-a-side football, walking
football, bubble football, leagues,
archery tag, multi-sports sessions, coaching, parties and more. Find out more.
- Six-court multi use sports hall for
badminton, trampolining, gymnastics, martial arts, and more
- Squash court
- Regular Family
- Active Senior
Strood Sports Centre hosted the 2015 Kent and Medway Business
Games, where activities included bubble football, badminton,
sitting volleyball and more.
See the action and facilities on offer.
Opening Times and Prices
- Monday to Thursday – 6.30am to 10pm
- Friday – 6.30am to 8pm
- Saturday and Sunday – 7.30am to 6pm
See Strood Sports Centre's current fees and charges.
You may also be interested in...
Keep up to date with the latest news, events and sporting
opportunities in Medway. Follow us on Twitter or like
our Facebook page.
Strood Sports Centre, Watling Street, Strood, ME2 3JQ
Tel: 01634 333933