Go to navigation

Display of goods outside shops

https://eforms.medway.gov.uk/ufs_live/ufsmain?formid=LE_ROADSIGNAPP If you want to display goods outside your shop or business we need to be sure it won't pose a highway hazard. To let us know what you plan to do please complete this

The council allows the display of goods outside shops if the display does not cause an obstruction and there is sufficient room for pedestrians. A written licence is not issued but such displays are checked by the council officers during highway inspections to ensure they do not cause a significant problem.

The council does not allow the display of advertisements on the public highway.

Cafés, restaurants and public houses may apply for a licence to place tables and chairs on the public highway.