Go to navigation

Apply to move school

If you want to your child to move to a Medway school during the school year, you need to apply. This is called an in-year admission.

You need to apply if your child is:

  • Moving to the area and requires a school place
  • Currently being educated at home and now requires a school place
  • Currently attending a Medway school but wishes to transfer

If you name a Medway grammar school on your application, arrangements will be made for your child to be assessed to see if they are suitable for a grammar school education. This will normally be in the form of a test, but if your child has previously sat the Medway Test, we will ask for their school work to be reviewed.

Download, print out and complete the In-Year application form and send it to us by post to Student Services, Medway Council, Gun Wharf, Chatham, ME4 4TR or hand it in at the school or academy listed below where they have chosen to administer their own In-Year admissions. These are:

Primary schools:

  • Chattenden Primary School                        01634 250861
  • Cliffe Woods Primary School                      01634 220822
  • English Martyrs Catholic Primary School      01634 718964
  • The Phoenix Junior Academy                     01634 829009
  • St James CE Primary School                      01634 270341
  • St Mary's Catholic Primary School              01634 855783
  • St Michael's RC Primary School                  01634 832578
  • St Thomas More Primary School                01634 864701
  • The Academy at Woodlands                      0300 065 8200 

Secondary schools:

  • Chatham Grammar School for Boys         01634 830083
  • Rainham School for Girls                        01634 362746
  • Strood Academy                                    01634 717121
  • Rochester Grammar School for Girls        01634 843049
  • Thomas Aveling School                          01634 844809