Go to navigation
Medway youth pass
Young people who live in Medway can apply for a Medway Youth
Pass, which allows them to travel at half the adult fare
when travelling on any local bus service.
There are two types of pass:
- Under 16-years-old which is valid for 3 years or until the
young person finishes Year 11, whichever is sooner.
- 16 – 18 years old (Year 12 onwards) which will expire when the
young person reaches the end of the academic year after their 18th
Journeys must start in Medway and can be to any destination in
Medway or Kent.
How to apply
Application forms are available from Contact
Points or Council community hubs.
Please complete the form, sign it, attach a passport-sized
photograph of the young person and send it to:
Medway Council, Student Services, Gun Wharf, Level 3, Dock
Road, Chatham, Kent, ME4 4TR.
There is a £10.00 administration fee. This can be paid by card
payment online or at one of our community hubs.
New passes will be issued within four weeks of application.
However, this period may be longer over the summer seasonal
No application form or photograph is needed, but you must
pay a £10.00 administration fee.
Make sure you have paid the administration fee online
before requesting a replacement and quote the reference number
when filling out the above request form.
Terms and conditions of use
- Half-fare means not more than
half the normal adult fare for the ticket you are buying (i.e.
fares are rounded down to the nearest penny)
- The pass is only valid for journeys at times when the
passholder would normally be charged an adult fare.
- The offer of this concession does not guarantee the
availability of any bus service
- Passes must be shown to the bus driver every time travel is
made at the reduced fare
- This pass does not allow further discount on Medway Council’s
16 plus travel tickets, MY Bus Service or tickets that have a
discount already applied.
- Passes can be withdrawn and bus travel denied at any time in
the event of unsafe or inappropriate behaviour on the bus or for
misuse of the pass
- Each bus
company’s rules and regulations apply when travel is made with the
- The bus driver, ticket inspector, school, college or Medway
Council representatives can ask you about the journey being made to
ensure that the pass is being used correctly
- Medway Council will not be responsible for any losses or damage
suffered when travel is made with the pass
- You must inform the Student Services Operations Team if
any of your circumstances change, especially your home address to
enable future renewals/replacement passes to be