Applications are now closed
Applications for an Additional Restrictions Grant - December 2021 are now closed.
The Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG) - December 2021 is a one-off grant to support businesses impacted by the coronavirus (COVID-19) Omicron variant.
Priority will be given to eligible businesses in the hospitality, leisure, accommodation and travel and tourism sectors that do not pay business rates or businesses directly supplying these sectors.
Your business must be actively trading from a property within the Medway Council boundary and not eligible for the Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant.
As a business or sole trader your business must meet one of the following criteria:
- not pay business rates and be in a relevant sector that has been impacted by the COVID-19 measures from 10 December 2021
- not pay business rates and be a supply chain business to a relevant sector that has been impacted by the COVID-19 measures from 10 December 2021
- pay business rates and be a supply chain business to a relevant sector that has been impacted by the COVID-19 measures from 10 December 2021.
Your business must also:
- have been trading on and before the 30 December 2021
- have fixed costs, excluding employment costs
- not have exceeded the thresholds within the Subsidy Control or Subsidy Allowances, formerly known as State Aid
- not be in administration, insolvent or had a striking off-notice made.
Grant payments are based on the Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant scheme. Eligible businesses that pay business rates on commercial premises will receive:
|Rateable value||ARG payment|
|Less than £15,000||£2,667|
|£15,000 to £51,000||£4,000|
|£51,000 or over||£6,000|
If your business does not pay business rates, we’ll base grant payments on business size, fixed costs and evidence provided.
|Fixed costs pm||ARG payment|
|Less than £500||£500|
|£500 to £999||£1,000|
|£1,000 to £1,999||£2,000|
|£2,000 to £2,999||£3,000|
|£3,000 to £3,999||£4,000|
|£4,000 to £4,999||£5,000|
|£5,000 or over||£6,000|
If your business has multiple properties trading within the Medway Council boundary, you can apply for a maximum of 2 properties through this scheme.
What you'll need to apply
You need to provide all or some of the following information:
- business rates account number (if you pay business rates)
- company or charity registration number or another unique identifier
- VAT registration number (if registered for VAT)
- bank account details
- business details
- date business was established
- the number of employees in your business.
You need to provide the following documents:
- full bank statements for September 2021, October 2021, November 2021 and December 2021. They must be in the business name and match the bank details you provide in this application. They must also show the account number, sort code, payee name and address
- evidence of ongoing fixed costs. For example, a lease or rental agreement, utility bill, other bill or invoice, or buildings insurance
- evidence of business income.
You may also need to provide:
- evidence of cancelled bookings. For example, emails, screenshots or photos of bookings systems for December 2021 (travel and hospitality businesses)
- a copy of invoices from the companies you supply from September 2021 to December 2021 (supply chain businesses)
- proof of address, for example copies of a bank statement, invoices or HMRC correspondence where the business name can be linked to the residential address (businesses trading from a residential address).
If you do not have all the above evidence, we'll contact you about what other evidence may be used.
Applications are now closed.
After you apply
Applications will close at 11.59pm on 27 February 2022. We will make all payments by 31 March 2022.
We’ll monitor the number of eligible grant applications we receive. We may close the scheme early to avoid overspend due to the limited amount of funding available.