Support for over 65s: be Better Connected
If you are over 65 years of age and feel socially isolated the Better Connected team could help you.
Our programme aims to support you to:
- engage in activities within your community
- meet new people
- build up your social networks.
We'll provide one-to-one support, helping you to become less isolated in society.
The Better Connected team provide:
- a 12-week support programme with a trained link worker
- one-to-one sessions provided face-to-face, over the phone or by video call
- support to help you attend or take part in new activities
- confidence, so you can meet new people and build up your social network.
Our service is focused on what matters to you.
Who's eligible for this service
You're eligible for this service if you:
- are aged 65 and over
- feel socially isolated
- are affected by loneliness, with limited or no social contacts.
You will not be eligible if you:
- are under 65
- have needs that are mainly clinical, or care-based. For example, addictions, mental health illnesses, or personal care
- are in palliative care
- are not interested or willing to engage with the link worker.
How to contact us
If you, or someone you know, would like support to feel more connected in your local community, please phone our friendly team on 01634 333 013 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out about how the Better Connected project is funded.
Better Connected Digital Inclusion Fund grants
Grants of up to £5,000 are available to cover digital inclusion work.