Please continue to park safely so that when your neighbours and other Medway residents need to make an essential journey, and waste collection trucks and emergency vehicles need to gain access, they can.

We'll continue to enforce dangerous parking, such as on double yellow lines, to ensure you stay safe.

We do recognise that some residents have had difficulty parking in their usual place due to more people being at home. We will therefore not be enforcing in controlled parking zones, such as permit holder areas and roads where time restrictions apply, until further notice.

Please do continue to park considerately during this time. If we come across, or are alerted to, a vehicle parked dangerously or inconsiderately across Medway, even in a controlled parking zone, we will take enforcement action.

Appeal a parking ticket

If you've received a fine for parking in a controlled parking zone since Monday 23 March, you can appeal and we will cancel the penalty charge notice, unless your vehicle was deemed to have been parked dangerously or causing an obstruction.

Parking permits

If you've parked in a controlled parking zone and are concerned that your permit is invalid or out of date, you do not need to worry.

If your resident or business parking permit has expired or is due to expire, you can still renew it online.

Car park season ticket refunds

To get a refund, return your season ticket to: Parking Services, Gun Wharf, Dock Road, Chatham, Kent ME4 4TR.

Please include your contact details. We’ll contact you to arrange a refund.

The refund date will be from the date that Parking Services receive your season ticket.

Daily visitor vouchers

Community hubs are closed. You can buy daily vouchers by phone, call 01634 332 266. We’ll post the vouchers to you.

Changing your parking permit details

The Waterfront Bus Station is now closed. You can change your permit details by sending your permit and copies of the relevant proof to: Parking Services, Gun Wharf, Dock Road, Chatham, Kent ME4 4TR.

Proof you’ll need to give us

Change of address

We’ll need proof of address, such as a copy of a utility bill or bank statement. This proof must be in your name and dated within the past 3 months. If you need to change the address associated with your permit, bring proof of your new address.

Change of vehicle

If you're the registered keeper of the vehicle you must provide a copy of your vehicle registration document (log book or V5C) or insurance certificate. We're unable to accept the V5C 2 (New Keeper's Slip) as proof of vehicle ownership as you no longer need to complete your address in section 6. We're only able to accept the full updated V5C document.

If you drive a company vehicle you must provide a letter from your employer on company headed paper. This is to confirm your name, home address and details of the company vehicle you drive.

Company details

If you are a professional carer, trader or business you may need to tell us that your business address or the organisation you work for has changed. You can do this by sending a copy of a letter from your company on headed paper or proof of employment such as a wage slip or ID badge.