- Provided by:
- Action for Blind People
Living with Sight Loss courses are one, two or six day community-based confidence building courses. These provide information, advice, support and practical solutions to independent living.
Our courses provide the opportunity to discuss the challenges sight loss presents with people who have been through it and, where possible, elements of the courses are run by people who are blind or partially sighted themselves.
The courses are tailored to each group of attendees but the core elements are:
- getting out and making the most of your leisure time
- coping strategies designed to address the emotional aspects of visual impairment
- practical solutions to overcome challenges to everyday living
- using technology
- looking after your eyes
- skills for making the most of your vision
Our course programmes
The three programmes are all designed for anyone affected by visual impairment including friends and family members.
- Introduction to Living with Sight Loss - A one day course best suited to people just coming to terms with sight loss, providing information about local support and services.
- Finding your Feet - A two day course that delves a little deeper. It may include speakers from other organisations who will talk about some of the services or opportunities they offer.
- Living with Sight Loss - A six week programme made up of weekly day-long modules and is delivered in partnership with other national charities and local groups.
Courses are usually held in London.
- 0303 123 9999
53 Sandgate Street