- Provided by:
- Medway Community Healthcare
The nutrition and dietetics team provides expert nutritional advice in a variety of settings.
Dietitians are trained to translate the science of nutrition into practical everyday information about food.
They do this both in hospital and community settings, providing accurate independent evidence-based advice on all aspects of nutrition and health.
The team provides this service by:
- providing individual therapeutic dietary advice to patients in hospital and community settings, who need special diets as part of their medical treatment
- promoting healthy lifestyles by educating clients and health professionals on all aspects of nutrition and health
- providing a resource of up-to-date information, for example, leaflets, videos, references and books
- working closely with a variety of patient groups, for example, diabetes and cardiac rehabilitation
- participating in audit and research
- developing and producing high quality written information for patients and healthcare staff
- training and education of students, staff and other health professionals
Making a referral
Referrals are accepted from your GP, consultant or community nurse.
Our opening hours are 8.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays).
Patients can be seen in their homes if they are clinically unable to attend the outpatient appointments.
All referrals must be completed by a GP or healthcare professional using the online referral form.
For enquiries regarding outpatient appointments, phone 01634 382 173.
- 01634 337 593
- Free of charge