- Provided by:
- Medequip Assistive Technology Limited
Our occupational therapists (OT) work with children who have difficulties with the practical and social skills necessary for their everyday life and to enable the child to be as physically, psychologically and socially independent as possible.
We work as part of a multi-disciplinary team providing assessments in the home, nursery and school along with strategies and advice to help your child be as independent as possible.
Where appropriate we provide treatment sessions, assessments for equipment provision, and upper limb splints.
We also support the child's transition into nursery, school and adult services.
The children that we assess and treat may include those with the following:
- motor co-ordination difficulties
- visual motor integration difficulties (the ability to combine the understanding of what is seen with fine motor or pencil skills)
- visual perceptual difficulties (the ability to recognise, interpret and understand what is seen)
- sensory processing difficulties
- autism spectrum disorders
- attention deficit and hyperactivity (ADD/ADHD)
- complex, moderate and mild physical disabilities
- developmental delay
These children may have difficulties with:
- activities of daily living (such as washing, dressing, toileting, eating sleeping)
- gross and fine motor co-ordination skills (such as handwriting, scissor skills, two handed skills, throwing, catching, balancing)
- concentration and attention
Children must have three or more areas of difficulty to be referred to our team.
- 01634 975 108
Medway Integrated Community Equipment Service (MICES)
Unit 4-5 Rochester Trade Park
Kent ME1 3QY
- Free of charge