- Provided by:
- The National Autistic Society
Our Autism Helpline provides impartial, confidential information along with advice and support for people with autistic spectrum disorders and their families and carers.
You can contact the helpline by phone on 0808 800 4104 on Monday to Thursday from 10am to 4pm and on Fridays from 9am to 3pm.
You can also send your enquiry using the online form on the charity's website, or if you are deaf or hard of hearing you can contact us by minicom on 0845 070 4003.
The helpline can:
- answer general questions about autism and Asperger syndrome - for example, we can talk through what the condition is, how it might affect someone, and suggest strategies to help
- talk through options available to people with autism and Asperger syndrome
- talk through support options available to family members
- tell you about local services
- refer you on to other organisations that may be able to help you
- send you information in the post or by email about all of these things
Our Autism Helpline offers a telephone interpretation service to callers from the UK whose first language is not English.
We can provide information through interpreters in 150 different languages.
Callers need to speak in English at first to let helpline advisers know:your name your telephone number which language you prefer to use.
A helpline adviser will then call you back with an interpreter.
- 0808 800 4104
The National Autistic Society
391-393 City Road
- Free of charge