Head over to Eastgate House to take part in the fun filled event schedule for Dickens Festival.
Saturday 2 June events
- 11am: Trail: Historical author Truda Thurai guides you on the Dickens Mystery
- 12.15pm: Ben Slythe hosts a discussion / workshop on the best adaptation of Dickens’ work: The Muppet Christmas Carol!
- 2.30pm: Alternate Shadows Wandering Victorians
Sunday 3 June events
- 12noon: Celebrate author Lorna Gibb explored Dickens’ fascination with the supernatural
- 1.15pm: Medway Mermaids presents Dickens’ A Tale of Two Cities – Then and Now
- 1.15pm: Alternate Shadows Wandering Victorians
Activities are free however normal admission fee to the house applies.
Rochester Literature Festival
Saturday 2 June and Sunday 3 June
Activities and talks in the house throughout the weekend, all of which are included free with admission to the house.
Tickets valid for the whole day’s activities.
Tea with Mr Dickens
Sunday 3 June at 4.30pm to 5.50pm
An irresistible feast of dramatised extracts from Dickens' most celebrated novels and stories, read for you in the unique setting of a building he loved.
Doors open at 4pm so you can explore this beautiful house before the performance.
Presented by Good Stuff Productions
Cost: £15 per ticket including tea and coffee in the interval.
How to book
You can book advance tickets by calling 01634 332 700, by emailing email@example.com or by buying tickets from Eastgate House (Wednesday to Sunday 10am to 5pm).