The fifth annual Medway Print Festival will be taking place online this June due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
47 events had been planned including workshops, talks and exhibitions in 15 venues, many of which were free.
Unfortunately, we have had to cancel these face to face activities this year.
We will still be running the Medway Print Festival 2020 and activities will be happening online.
The team are currently planning a two week programme of activities from 6 to 21 June on social media and our website celebrating all things print in Medway and beyond.
Ideas we are exploring include:
- features on local printmakers, studios and galleries
- a look at local suppliers and useful publications
- a look forward to upcoming exhibitions, courses and workshops planned for when places reopen including the Dickens 150 print open call show
- sharing 'how to' videos to encourage printmaking at home for children and adults
- articles on the history of printmaking and print within our museums and archives
- a guide to the many different print making techniques
Funded by Medway Council.