If your business has been financially affected by the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, you could get support from the Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG) fund.
We have secured funding to help businesses in the hospitality, cultural, creative and wedding sectors that are still struggling from the impact of COVID-19.
Grant applications are open from Monday 1 November 2021 to Monday 15 November 2021.
You must meet the following criteria to apply:
- your business is registered in Medway
- your business is in the creative, hospitality, cultural or wedding sectors
- you can prove that your business was financially affected by COVID-19 between March 2020 and July 2021
- you can explain how a grant will help you recover and rebuild your business.
Grants of up to £40,000 are available in various amounts, depending on your need. These funds are limited so we cannot guarantee you’ll get a grant, but we will consider every application.
You can use the grant to help your business in the following areas:
- product development
- buying equipment and materials
- training and development
- brand development
- marketing and promotional activity
- infrastructure improvements
- access to specialist services.
You can ask for a grant to help your business in more than one of these areas, but the total grant you will get will not be more than £40,000.
We'll pay the grants from January 2022.
What you'll need to apply
You will be able to apply for a grant from Monday 1 November 2021 to Monday 15 November 2021.
You will need to provide the following information:
- business name and trading address
- nature of business
- date the business was established
- unique identifier, for example a company reference number, VAT registration number, unique taxpayer reference or national insurance number
- Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) code
- business rates account number (if you pay business rates)
- proof of trading
- bank account and payee details
- a copy of the most recent bank statements for the business
- the number of employees in your business
- details of any previous funding received under COVID-19 grants.
We will also ask you how you plan to use the grant.
You will need to provide the following documents:
- evidence of ongoing fixed costs, for example a lease or rental agreement, utility bill, other bill or invoice, buildings insurance
- active trading evidence such Companies House registration, registration with the Charity Commission or evidence from HMRC
- your bank details.
Recovery grants video
Watch the video to find out more about recovery grants.
More information for businesses
Ask Phil is an advice service from the Kent & Medway Growth Hub.
It offers free advice, information and guidance that will help you to start, grow or improve your business.
To get things started you can use the 'Ask Phil' live chat box in the bottom right hand corner of this screen.
Or you can phone 01233 225 447.