Our waste collection team from Medway Norse has some Christmas and New Year recycling tips:
- Christmas trees: leave any real trees next to your brown bin for collection from Monday 6 January 2020.
- wrapping paper and Christmas cards: if it’s made from paper, it’s recyclable - pop it in your blue re-useable bag. Foil paper cannot be recycled
- bottles and cans: put these in your white reusable bag or a clear sack
- online shopping: flatten cardboard boxes to make them easier to recycle and then put them in your blue reusable bag
- decorations: bows and foil ribbon cannot be recycled - try to use material ribbon which you can keep and use next year
- food leftovers: use up your festive leftovers to prevent food waste. Get inspiration by visiting the Hubub website
Need more reusable bags or a new brown bin? Order online.