An in-year (casual) admission is either:

  • for a new applicant who requires a place at a Medway school or academy
  • for a child who is being educated at home and now requires a Medway school place, or
  • for a child currently attending a Medway school or academy who wishes to transfer to a different school or academy within Medway

In-year (casual) admissions are for entry to any year group between reception and year 11 during the academic year and outside of the normal transfer process for Year R, Year 3 (junior schools only) and Year 7.

Find out about the application and admissions process in our information guide

What to do

If you want to apply for a Medway school or academy, you will need to apply direct to each school.

To apply you will need to complete the single preference application form.

You can apply for more than one school at the same time. You do not need to wait for the outcome of an application before applying for other schools.

Find out more about our oversubscription criteria

If you have approached schools and are having trouble finding a place, you can contact the School Services Team, and we will let you know where there are currently places available.

If you have any questions on the process or need any advice on your options, please email

Accept, refuse or appeal a place

Find information and forms to accept, refuse or appeal a school place offered through the casual admissions process.