Back to school September 2020
Based on the most recent government advice all children and young people
We are working with head teachers to help put in place practical
Parents and carers are encouraged to visit the government's website for
Download leaflets from the Department for Education (DfE):
Face coverings on public transport
Your child will need to wear a face covering when they travel on public transport, including My Buses. This is in line with government guidance to reduce the spread of coronavirus while travelling on public transport.
Along with our my bus contractor, ASD Coaches, we will only allow those wearing a face covering to travel. If your child is refused travel as they do not have a face covering, you will not be offered a refund.
For details on school bus services, visit the bus provider’s website.
Free school meals
All school catering services will be operational from the start of term and
- The Education Network
- Stories Audible
- Century support for schools and FE colleges affected by coronavirus
- Catch up on some learning with live online lessons
- Information for parents to help children and young people return to school
- Returning to school: 7 tips to help your primary-age child cope
- Useful guides to help children and young people of different ages
- Medway Youth Service has a range of online activities for young people
aged 11 to 18 (and up to 25 for those with additional needs)
Watch a message from The Medway Independent Reviewing Officers to Medway's children and young people: