The Behaviour Support Service tries to help parents and schools to enable pupils with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties to reach their full potential within an educational context.
The Primary Behaviour Support Service also offers:
- advice and support to the Local Authority, school staff and parents and carers
- support for managed moves for pupils close to permanent exclusion
- emotional, social and behavioural support for pupils during transition between Key Stages
- the maximisation of life chances through multi-agency working, partnerships and alliances
- development opportunities to share and sustain best practice on inclusion
- training opportunities for school staff
Within the service is a pupil referral unit called the Will Adams Centre for Key Stage 4 pupils.