There may be times when you feel unhappy with the service you receive and wish to complain. If you make a complaint, we will investigate it thoroughly and promptly and let you know the outcome. Our complaints procedure has two stages.

Stage One

The people best placed to resolve any problem or concern you have are usually the people providing the service so, in the first instance, contact them direct with your complaint and they will try and sort things out straight away.

If you have had a positive experience of Medway's housing service please let us know. If, though, you are unhappy with the service you receive or want to make a complaint or suggestion, contact us online by completing our complaints form, by emailing customer.relations@medway.gov.uk or phoning 01634 333 333.

You can also write to us at: Customer Relations, Medway Council, Gun Wharf, Dock Road, Chatham, Kent, ME4 4TR.

Stage Two

Gives you the opportunity to take your complaint further if you are not happy with our response at stage one.

Our Customer Relations Team will look into your complaint and will acknowledge your complaint within three working days. We will look into what has happened so far and answer you within 10 working days either by phone, email or letter to explain what we have done to put things right. If we cannot get back to you straight away we will let you know the reason for the delay and give you a date when we will reply.

To contact us with a stage two complaint you can email customer.relations@medway.gov.uk, by phoning 01634 332 456 or using text relay: 18001 01634 332 456.

You can also write to us on: Customer Relations, Medway Council, Gun Wharf, Dock Road, Chatham, Kent, ME4 4TR.

At any stage you can contact your local councillor or use another person or organisation to contact us on your behalf (such as your MP or community group)

Designated Person

If you are still not satisfied, immediately after the completion of Stage Two, the complaint can be referred to a 'Designated Person' by emailing Designatedpersons@medway.gov.uk

If eight weeks have past since the completion of Stage two, you can progress the complaint to the Housing Ombudsman Service without reference to the Designated Person by emailing info@housing-ombudsman.org.uk by phoning 0300 111 3000 (Monday to Friday from 9.15am to 5:15pm) or by fax at 0207 831 1942.

You can also write to: Housing Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, Harbour Exchange Square, London E14 9GE