Travel and transport
As the highways authority, we are responsible for maintaining all roads within Medway, except motorways and major roads which are the responsibility of Highways England.
Local roads in Medway
For details of what’s happening on Medway’s roads as it happens, follow the Medway Highways Twitter page.
Check the roads before you travel
Check your route before you travel to see how your journey may be affected, and make sure you're prepared in case your journey takes longer than you expect.
Check the latest travel information from:
- Highways England's traffic search
- Kent traffic and travel
- Follow Highways England on Twitter
- Follow Medway Highways on Twitter
- Follow Kent Highways on Twitter
- Follow Kent Police on Twitter
- Follow Kent Police Facebook
Port of Dover and Eurotunnel
If you're travelling to Port of Dover or Eurotunnel:
- you must follow all road signs, instructions and speed restrictions – do not rely on sat navs
- be ready to show that you have the right documentation to cross the border
If you fail to comply with instructions, you may face fines and further delays.
Documentation to operate in the EU
Hauliers and commercial drivers must make sure they have the correct documentation to operate in the EU.
If you have incorrect documentation, you may be prevented from proceeding to the border. If this happens you will have the option of going to a specific holding site where you will get advice on what you need to be ready to cross the border.