How to get a symptom-free test
Anyone who lives or works in Medway can book a coronavirus (COVID-19) symptom-free test.
One in 3 people with COVID-19 have no symptoms. Households are encouraged to have symptom-free tests twice a week to help prevent more COVID-19 outbreaks
Play your part now and help us get out of lockdown restrictions.
Symptom-free test centres
You can book a symptom-free test at:
- Chattenden Community Centre
Open Monday to Sunday: 9am to 7pm
- The Oast House Rainham
Open Monday to Sunday, 9am to 7pm
- The Deep End Chatham
Open Monday to Friday: 8:30am to 10:30am, Sunday: 9am to 7pm
- MidKent College Gillingham
Open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 9am to 6pm
Booking slots are available on a first come, first served basis.
Book a symptom-free test
If you've had your first or second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, you should still continue to get regular symptom-free
Households can also collect home test kits from COVID-19 home test collection centres, or order online.
Selected pharmacies also provide symptom-free home test kits.
Other ways to get a symptom-free test
You can also get a symptom-free test at the following locations:
- home test kits: available from a range of locations across Medway (more details below)
- secondary schools and colleges: regular testing will take place every week for students and staff
- workplace testing: some workplaces will offer tests to employees. Our outreach teams will set up organisation-based testing at locations across Medway
- pop-up test sites: these centres will be in community based settings to allow easy access to local residents who do not live near a symptom-free test centre. They will include church halls, community halls, community hubs and shopping centres and other locations.
Pop-up test site locations
Strood Gospel Mission Church, Brompton Lane, Rochester, ME2 3BQ
- Tuesday 20 April 2021 to Thursday 22 April 2021
- 9am to 7pm.
St Paul's Church, Parkwood Green, ME8 9PN
- Tuesday 27 April 2021 to Thursday 29 April 2021
- 9am to 7pm.
We will update this page when new pop-up test centres are available to book.
Take a symptom-free test at home
Free home test kits are now available to anyone who lives or works in Medway.
When you book a symptom-free test at Chattenden, Rainham, Chatham or MidKent College testing centres, you will also be able to take away free home testing kits for you and your household.
We have a new collection-only site at Miss Twinkletons Fine Coffee House, Rochester, ME1 1EW. This site is open from Monday to Friday, 10am to 6pm. It's a walk-in service for eligible households only. You do not need to book.
You can also collect home test kits from COVID-19 home test collection centres, or order online.
Households with home test kits should test at home twice a week to help prevent more infections.
If you have symptoms
If you have symptoms related to COVID-19 such as a cough, a high temperature or a loss of taste, you must book a symptomatic test.
You can book your symptomatic test online, or phone 119.