Report an accident at work | Health and safety for businesses | Medway Council

Report an accident at work

Employers have a duty to report certain types of injury in their workplace. This is under the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013 (RIDDOR).

Only ‘responsible persons’ including employers, the self-employed and people in control of work premises should submit reports under RIDDOR. 

You can:

Reporting out of hours

The HSE and local authority enforcement officers are not an emergency service. 

If you need to report a very serious or dangerous incident such as a work-related death, phone HSE on 0345 300 9923 or Medway Council on 01634 304 400.