Information for local residents
Road closures will be put in place in and around Rochester Town Centre between Friday 19 and Sunday 21 July 2019. This is to ensure that spectators and competitors are safe during the National Circuit Championships and the Medway Mile.
Residents cannot park or move their vehicles on certain roads at particular times.
We apologise for the inconvenience this may cause throughout the weekend.
Due to the impact of preparations for the cycling event, we have arranged for alternative parking for residents living on or inside the race route.
Letters have been sent to affected residents with information about how to apply for a permit.
If you did not get your letter, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Roads you cannot park on during the event
You will need to move your vehicle by 10pm on Saturday 20 July if it is parked on the main highway on the following roads:
- Baker’s Walk
- Bishops Walk and including The Chimes
- Boley Hill and including Satis House,
- Castle Hill and including Castle View Mews, Moat House, Telford House, Merton, Castle Moat
- Crow Lane and including Kings Mews, Coachmans Mews, Castle Gate House, Crow Corner buildings and Eden Mews
- Epaul Lane
- High Street and including Faraday House, Century Mews, Century Court, Phoenix House
- Lockington Grove
- St Margaret’s Mews
- St Margaret’s Street
- The Esplanade
We expect roads will be reopened by 10pm on Sunday 21 July when residents can move their vehicles back.
Roads you cannot move your vehicle from during the event
Residents can leave their vehicles but cannot be move them between 6am and 10pm on Sunday 21 July in the following roads:
- La Providence
- Love Lane and including Bishopscourt Gardens
- Minor Canon Row
- The Precinct and including Deanery Gate, King’s Orchard, Priors Gate House, College Yard
- Eastgate Court
- Eastgate Terrace