Before you report a problem with a tree or hedge, check who is responsible for its management as we are only responsible for trees on council-owned land.   

You can report tree problems including:

  • diseased trees
  • damaged trees
  • overhanging trees
  • a tree stump that needs clearing

Report tree problems

Council-owned hedges

You can also report issues with hedges on council-owned land including:

  • the condition of a tree
  • an overgrown hedge

Report a problem with a council hedge

Trees under a Tree Preservation Orders

Trees under Tree Preservation Orders are protected and need further consent before work can be done to them.

If you know that work has been done to a protected tree without permission you can report it to us.

Report unauthorised work on a protected tree