Registration of a death abroad

You must register the death according to the regulations in the country where it happened. There is no need to register the death in the UK. It may be possible to make a consular registration either with the nearest consulate or with the consular department of the Foreign and Commonwealth office in London.

Register a death abroad on GOV.UK