Gillingham: BMX Pump Track
In 2016 we held a consultation with local residents and visitors of the park about introducing a BMX pump track at Queen Elizabeth Fields in Gillingham.
A pump track is:
- a closed circuit with mounds, banked corners and jumps
- a track that gives cyclists of all ages and skill levels the chance to move using momentum rather than pedalling
- a great way to increase bike handling skills for younger riders
- a way for the whole family to enjoy cycling in a fun, safe and traffic free setting
- suitable for any children’s bikes, BMX bikes and mountain bikes
We have secured funding from the Local Growth Fund of £150,000 and are now constructing the track for completion in summer 2018.
Find out more about the BMX pump track by emailing email@example.com