Gillingham: BMX Pump Track
In 2016 we held a consultation with local residents and visitors of the park about the introduction of a BMX pump track at Queen Elizabeth Fields in Gillingham.
Since then the pump track was granted planning permission and we secured funding from the Local Growth Fund of £170,000.
Using Medway's BMX Pump Track
The track is at Queen Elizabeth Fields, Castlemaine Avenue, Gillingham, ME7 2QE.
The BMX track is free to use.
For your safety you are advised to wear a helmet and pads whilst using the track.
What is a pump track?
A pump track is:
- a closed circuit with mounds, banked corners and jumps
- a track that gives cyclists of all ages and skill levels the chance to move using momentum rather than pedalling
- a great way to increase bike handling skills for younger riders
- a way for the whole family to enjoy cycling in a fun, safe and traffic free setting
- suitable for any children’s bikes, BMX bikes and mountain bikes
If you have any queries or see any vandalism please call 01634 333 333.
Find out more about the BMX pump track by emailing email@example.com.