Gillingham: BMX Pump Track
In 2016 we held a consultation with local residents and visitors of the park about the introduction of a BMX pump track at Queen Elizabeth Fields in Gillingham.
Since then the pump track was granted planning permission and we secured funding from the Local Growth Fund of £170,000.
Launch of Medway's first BMX Pump Track
The BMX Pump Track opened on 10 November 2018.
The track is at Queen Elizabeth Fields, Castlemaine Avenue, Gillingham ME7 2QE.
What is a pump track?
A pump track is:
- a closed circuit with mounds, banked corners and jumps
- a track that gives cyclists of all ages and skill levels the chance to move using momentum rather than pedalling
- a great way to increase bike handling skills for younger riders
- a way for the whole family to enjoy cycling in a fun, safe and traffic free setting
- suitable for any children’s bikes, BMX bikes and mountain bikes
If you have any queries or see any vandalism please call Medway Council on 01634 333 333.
Find out more about the BMX pump track by emailing email@example.com