Innovation Park Medway is a new opportunity for high-value technology, engineering, manufacturing and knowledge-intensive businesses looking to grow in the South East.
An innovative commercial space
The park will promote innovation and business growth across Medway, complementing the existing Innovation Centre and Innovation Studios.
The park offers:
- up to 100,000 metres squared high-quality, innovative commercial space
- state-of-the-art meeting and conference spaces and business facilities
- the opportunity to network in a campus environment
- access to high quality research, development and partnership opportunities from the four universities
- the chance to highlight skilled talent from Medway based universities
Join the 14,000 businesses which have already made Medway their home.
Benefits to businesses
Medway’s economy is also one of the most promising growth areas in the South East, worth £5.2billion and continues to grow faster than Kent and the rest of the South East.
Medway is also the biggest regeneration zone within the Thames Gateway.
Innovation Park Medway will support the development of up to 101,000sqm of high value technology, advanced manufacturing, engineering and knowledge-intensive businesses, within the following Use Classes of the Town and Country Planning (Use Classes) Order 1987 (as amended):
- B1(a) office
- B1(b) research and development, studios, laboratories, high-technology industries
- B1(c) light industry
- B2 general industrial uses
Innovation Park Medway is in the ideal location for new or growing businesses.
The park is:
- 1 mile from the M2 and 3 miles from the M20
- close to the high speed train network, taking 34 minutes from Rochester to London
- 20 minutes to Ebbsfleet for the Eurostar
- close to four local universities
It’s also close to Rochester Airport and important employment areas such as the Rochester Airport Industrial Estate and the Innovation Centre Medway.
Part of the North Kent Enterprise Zone
Innovation Park Medway is one of three North Kent Enterprise zones that offer tax breaks and government support, making them ideal places for new and expanding organisations to do business.
Benefits of doing business at Innovation Park Medway include:
- business rate discounts worth up to £55,000 annually for five years (a maximum of £275,000 per business)
- basic local authority planning
- flexible and innovative approach to development
- highly-skilled workforce and strong links with local universities
The site is within both Medway Council and Tonbridge & Malling Borough Council's administrative boundaries, which are shown below. This means that all decisions must be made by both councils. The site is split into four main areas to the north and south of Rochester Airport.
For more information, contact us by emailing email@example.com or phone 01634 338 138.
Or contact Tonbridge and Malling Council by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01732 876 011.