Innovation Park Medway
Innovation Park Medway (IPM) is a new opportunity for high-value technology, engineering, manufacturing and knowledge-intensive businesses looking to grow in the south east.
Situated next to Rochester Airport, Innovation Park Medway is excellently located for transport. It is adjacent to the M2 motorway, with the M25 accessible in under 20 minutes and the M20 a 10 minute drive away.
The nearest train stations are Rochester and Chatham (a 10 minute drive to Innovation Park Medway) with both stations serving central London.
The southern site for Innovation Park Medway is also serviced by local bus routes stopping at Maidstone Road.
Why choose Medway
Medway’s economy is one of the most promising growth areas in the south east, worth £5.2 billion and continues to grow faster than Kent and the rest of the south east.
Medway is also the biggest regeneration zone within the Thames Gateway.
Innovation Park Medway will support the development of up to 60,000 square metres of high value technology, advanced manufacturing, engineering and knowledge-intensive businesses within the following Use Classes of the Town and Country Planning (Use Classes) Order 1987 (as amended) regulations 2020:
- E(g)(i) business office
- E(g)(ii) research and development of products and processes
- E(g)(iii) industrial processes
- B2 general industrial uses.
The development will also help to create 3,000 jobs in the area.
Watch our case study video on why you should grow your business in Medway.
Business at Innovation Park Medway
Innovation Park Medway is a brilliant location for businesses looking to expand. It offers:
- 2 sites: northern and southern
- northern site: 28 office plots available to buy or lease
- southern site: office space for lease
- unique outdoor green spaces
- quick planning process
- ‘Google’ style collaboration hubs
- a unique, mixed business environment
- increased high-quality employment in the area
- local talent, knowledge and skills, supporting the growth of new and existing businesses
- access to high quality research, development and partnership opportunities with the 4 local universities
- excellent transport links and networking opportunities.
Buy or lease a plot
All plots are available to buy or lease through our fast-track planning process (ideal for fast-growing businesses).
Our team can provide a range of support for businesses looking to secure a plot, including:
- recruiting for your business
- upskilling your current workforce
- apprenticeships and traineeships.
For more details on available plots, please contact our estate agents by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More about doing business at Innovation Park Medway.
Artist's impression of the boulevard
Part of the North Kent Enterprise Zone
The site is within both Medway Council and Tonbridge & Malling Borough Council's administrative boundaries, which are shown below. This means that all decisions must be made by both councils. The site is split into 4 main areas to the north and south of Rochester Airport.
On 21 February
The site, situated next to Rochester Airport, is an inspirational new location for high-value technology,
Infrastructure work is nearing completion thanks to contractor FM Conway.
Laying the foundations for the next stage of the
£3.7 million was invested through the South-East Local Enterprise Partnership to help develop all
Once complete, the site will be ready for construction to begin on the first of 28
Photograph of attendees at the northern site visit at Innovation Park Medway.
We held a completion event on 30 January 2023 at Innovation Park Medway’s southern site and nearby Rochester
Infrastructure work has been completed at the southern site including:
Construction work on the first office building is due to start this summer.
Photograph of attendees at the southern site at Innovation Park Medway for the completion event.
Aerial view of the southern and northern sites at Innovation Park Medway
Find out more
For more information and updates about Innovation Park Medway, you can:
- email us at email@example.com
- follow us on Innovation Medway Twitter
- visit our Innovation Medway Flickr for our photo and video gallery.
Artist's impression of the southern site