Levelling Up Fund: our bid
Through the government’s Levelling Up Fund, we have submitted a bid of £20 million for 2 buildings: one on the northern and one on the southern site at Innovation Park Medway.
If the bid is successful, it will allow us to make further additions to the park, which is on track to provide over 60,000 square metres of commercial space to help grow Medway’s local economy.
Aerial shot of Innovation Park Medway southern site with northern site in the distance
What we're looking to do
The funding bid includes the following development proposals:
Development of the Gateway Building on the northern site
This will be situated on the northern site (where infrastructure work is currently taking place on-site ahead of the development of 28 office plots).
The Gateway Building will provide accelerated ‘growth space’ offering a range of working, event, meeting, collaboration and café space for businesses. It will also offer on-site business development and recruitment support.
Occupiers will also have access to further and higher educational institutions.
Development of one of the office buildings on the southern site
This site will provide ‘grow on space’ for businesses expanding beyond the venture stage that currently lack suitable accommodation within Medway.
The building will benefit from its close proximity to Innovation Centre Medway, which provides space for start-up businesses (and has a waiting list of would-be occupiers).
If we’re successful, the project will provide the following benefits:
- both buildings will aim to achieve net zero carbon status, acting as exemplars for the rest of Innovation Park Medway
- both buildings will receive BREEAM (Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Method) excellence certification. BREEAM is the world’s leading science-based suite of validation and certification systems for sustainable-built environment
- larger collaboration and event space available to other occupants of Innovation Park Medway and wider Medway Business community
- creating a unique, mixed business environment
- increasing the amount of high-quality employment in the area.
We will update this page later this year letting you know if the bid has been successful.