If you want to apply for a licence please read these documents carefully:
- Guidance notes for applicants as a scrap metal dealer
- Application form for a scrap metal dealer (Site Licence or Collectors Licence)
- Disclosure of Conviction and Declaration Form (to be completed with application form)
- Information sheet on scrap metal dealers (to show proceeds of collection and expenses of application of proceeds).
Site licence fees
- application: £350
- grant: £217
- site licence total: £567.
Collectors licence fees
- application: £276
- grant: £54
- collectors licence total: £330.
- change a collector to a site licence: £243
- change a site to a collectors licence: £75
- minor variation (for example, change of address): £38.50
- change of site manager: £123.50
- replacement scrap metal licence: £30.
Transporting scrap metal
To collect or transport scrap metal legally, you must get a scrap metal dealer licence from us and a waste carrier's licence from the Environment Agency.