Safer Streets sport and activity sessions
Medway Sport are delivering a 12-week sporting programme aimed at promoting
This funded programme is aimed at all the family participating together in outdoor spaces, developing a link in communities to our local sports clubs and centres.
Safer street sessions
These sessions begin 3 June to 22 August 2023 and are part of our Summer of Sport programming.
These sessions have been funded by Safer Streets for the 12-week programme and are free to take part.
Saturday 3 June to 19 August 2023 Family workouts
- 9am to 10am - buggy workout. Meet near play area on Jacksons Field, Rochester. Suitable for parent and baby in buggy
- 10am to 11am - family workout. Meet near play area on Jacksons Field, Rochester. Suitable for families to work out together.
All equipment is provided. Just wear trainers and casual or sports clothing. This session is run with Medway Sport instructors.
Tuesday 6 June to 22 August 2023 Family Tai Chi
- 9.30am to 10.30am - Family Tai Chi. Suitable for parents and children
- 10.30am to 11.30am - Family Tai Chi. Suitable to all
- Venue: Victoria Gardens.
This session is run with our club partners at Shi Kon Martial Arts, the Instructor will meet participants near the bandstand for this session. Wear comfortable clothing.
Tuesday 6 June to 22 August 2023 Family Pop Up Sport
- 4.30pm to 5.30pm - Family Sport. Suitable for all the family
- 5.30pm to 6.30pm - Family Sport. Suitable for all the family
- Venue: Luton Millenium Green
This session is run with partners from Sport on your Doorstep and offers various sports played over the course of the 12 week sessions for all the family to enjoy. Meet the coaches in the ball cage.
How to book
There's no need to book any of these sessions, simply grab your trainers turn up and join in.