Women's sport sessions
A number of Medway sports clubs run women's only sports sessions to encourage women to try a new sport or get back into playing a sport that they enjoyed at school.
Please be aware that some of these sessions haven’t yet resumed due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) restrictions. Please check with the relevant clubs for updates.
Back to netball
Medway Netball League runs a Return to Netball session every Thursday in Rainham.
Medway Artistic Swimming Club runs sessions at Hoo Sports Centre and North Kent College.
Email email@example.com to find out more.
Back to Hockey
Back to Hockey sessions are fun, sociable and informal and aimed at people who either have not played hockey for a number of years or who are looking to play for the first time.
If you’re nervous or do not remember any rules do not worry, our Back to Hockey clubs will gentle guide you through this series of sessions and even provide the stick if needed.
Back to hockey sessions include:
- Gillingham Anchorians Hockey Club - Mondays, 7.30pm to 9pm, Gillingham ME7 3AN
- Holcombe Hockey Club - Mondays, 7pm to 8.30pm, Rochester ME1 2XX
- Old Williamsonians Hockey Club - Wednesday, 7.15pm to 8.30pm, Rochester ME1 3EL
Find out more about England Hockey's Back to Hockey programme.
Anchorians Football Club (FC) runs the following sessions:
- Wildcats (ages 5 to 7) on Tuesdays 6pm to 7pm: first week is free then £2 a week
- Girls (ages 8 to 17) on Thursdays 6pm to 8pm: free
- Womens (ages 18 to 29) on Wednesdays 7.30pm to 9pm: free
- Womens Veterans (age 30 and above) on Thursdays 8pm to 9pm: £2 a week
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
Anchorians, Darland Avenue, Gillingham ME7 3AN
Womens Veterans, Brompton Academy School, Marlborough Road,
Southern Co-Ed Roller Derby Club runs a women's team called Apex Predators and regular back to skating courses for women interested in getting into the sport.
Medway Yacht Club has recently launched a She Sails group to encourage more women to get out on the water and try a range of different boats.
The group runs on alternate Sundays 10am to 12.30pm for the duration of the sailing season.
Open to beginners and those with some sailing experience.
Chum Kune Do, Kickboxing, and Mixed Martial Arts.
These sessions are held every Tuesday from 7.30pm to 9pm at the Howard School, Rainham.
Phone: 01634 316 027
Ladies only kickboxing
There are ladies only kickboxing sessions available in Medway including:
- Black Belt Martial Arts: sessions for women and girls aged 14 plus, run weekly (first class free)
- Ladies only kickboxing from Medway Martial Arts
Mixed Martial Arts
There are mixed martial arts sessions available in Medway.
These sessions are held on Mondays at 8.15pm and Fridays at 10am at Anchorians Sports Grounds, Darland Ave, Gillingham, ME7
There is 1 free trial class then it's £7 a class.
Phone Julie Bailey 07814 386 687 to find out more.
British Cycling Breeze Programme
The British Cycling Breeze Programme inspires women to get into cycling to enjoy the benefits of both fun and fitness with HSBC UK Breeze.
The programme includes free bike rides, friendly support and great people to ride with.