Paediatric first aid training course
This 2 day paediatric first aid course focuses on emergency scenarios that face people looking after young children and infants such as nurseries, pre-schools, before and after school clubs for children in the early years age group, childminders and carers of children at home.
If you would like to book a place on this course email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Length of course: 2 days
This course is for 2 days and costs just £80.
The course will cover:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider
- Be able to assess an emergency situation safely
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who is:
- unresponsive and breathing normally, including child and infant resuscitation
- who is unresponsive and not breathing normally
- who has a foreign body airway obstruction
- with external bleeding
- with injuries to bones, joints and muscles
- Understand how to administer emergency first aid to an infant and a child with a chronic medical condition or sudden illness including:
- sickle cell crisis
- diabetic emergencies
- asthma attack
- allergic reaction
- febrile convulsions
- Understand how to administer first aid to an infant and a child:
- experiencing the effects of extreme heat and cold
- who has sustained an electric shock
- with burns or scalds
- who has been poisoned
- who has been bitten or stung
- with minor injuries, including cuts, grazes, bumps and bruises, small splinters and nose bleeds
- with conditions affecting the eyes, ears and nose
- with head and spinal injuries
- with anaphylaxis
- who is suffering from shock
- Understand how to complete records relating to illnesses, injuries and emergencies
To book a place or for more information contact Denise Todd email@example.com 01634 336 644.