Parksport is our summer programme that takes pop-up sports to parks across Medway.
There's no booking, no commitment, no pressure and no equipment needed. Just pitch up to play and our parksport coaches will look after the rest.
The parksport programme includes weekly multi-sport sessions throughout the summer.
The parksport programme is supported and subsidised by Sport England's Community Sport Activation Fund.
Summer 2018 parksport sessions
- Mondays: Hillyfields, Gillingham from 6.30pm to 7.30pm Hilly Fields (7 May to 27 August)
- Tuesdays: Broomhill Park, Gillingham from 7.15pm to 8.15pm (8th May to 28 August)
- Wednesday: Kestrel Shopping Centre, Lordswood from 6pm to 8pm
- Thursdays: Great Lines, Gillingham from 6pm to 7pm (4 May to 7 September). This includes a parkour session as well as parksport.
- Fridays: Rochester Castle from 10am to 11.30am ( 27 July to 31 August)
Summer 2018 Parklives with StreetGames
Parklives with Streetgames offers sports including NFL, pop up tennis, softball, soccer, parkour, Frisbee and archery tag.
The sessions are run on Saturdays from 5 May 2018 to 1 September at:
- Maidstone Road Rec - Palmerston Road from 1 to 2pm
- Luton Millennium Green, Chatham, 3pm to 4pm
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Parksport Youth Impact
We also work in partnership with the youth service, police, Community Safety Partnership and StreetGames to deliver sport throughout the year at priority areas across Medway.
The sessions are aimed at young people in areas of high deprivation and anti-social behaviour, creating positive opportunities for young people in their communities.
All sessions run from 5pm to 7pm and are free of charge, activator-led with all sports equipment supplied.
May sessions run from 5pm to 7pm on:
- Monday 28 May at Park area off Shelduck Close, Allhallows
- Tuesday 29 May at Kestrel Shopping Centre (Multi Use Games Area)
- Wednesday 30 May at Jacksons Field, Rochester
- Thursday 31 May at Luton Millennium Green, Chatham
- Friday 1 June at Hook Meadow, Chatham