Parksport is our summer programme that takes pop-up sports to parks across Medway.
There's no booking, no commitment, no pressure and no equipment needed. Just pitch up to play and our parksport coaches will look after the rest.
The parksport programme includes weekly multi-sport sessions throughout the summer.
The parksport programme is supported and subsidised by Sport England's Community Sport Activation Fund.
2018 Parksport dates
- Monday 2 April at Cross Park, Allhallows
- Tuesday 3 April at Kestrel Shopping Centre (MUGA)
- Wednesday 4 April at Jacksons Fields, Rochester
- Thursday 5 April at Luton Millennium Green
- Friday 6 April at Hook Meadow, Walderslade
- Monday 9 April at Cross Park, Allhallows
- Tuesday 10 April at Kestrel Shopping Centre (Multi Use Games Area)
- Wednesday 11 April at Jacksons Fields, Rochester
- Thursday 12 April at Luton Millennium Green
- Friday 13 April at Hook Meadow, Walderslade
Summer 2018 parksport sessions
- Mondays: Hillyfields, Gillingham. 6.30pm-7.30pm Hilly Fields (7 May to 27 August)
- Tuesdays: Broomhill Park, Gillingham. 7.15-8.15pm (8th May to 28 August)
- Thursdays: Great Lines, Gillingham 6-7pm (4 May to 7 September). This includes a parkour session as well as parksport.
- Fridays: Rochester Castle 10-11.30 ( 27 July – 31 August)
Summer 2018 Parklives with StreetGames
Parklives with Streetgames offers sports including NFL, pop up tennis, softball, soccer, parkour, Frisbee and archery tag.
The sessions are run on Saturdays from 5 May 2018 to 1 September at:
- Maidstone Road Rec - Palmerston Road from 1 to 2pm
- Luton Millennium Green, Chatham, 3pm to 4pm
For more information contact email@example.com
Parksport Youth Impact
We also work in partnership with the youth service, police, Community Safety Partnership and StreetGames to deliver sport throughout the year at priority areas across Medway.
The sessions are aimed at young people in areas of high deprivation and anti-social behaviour, creating positive opportunities for young people in their communities.
All sessions run 5pm to 7pm and are free of charge, activator-led with all sports equipment supplied.