- This agreement begins once both parties have signed.
- Your membership starts on the membership start date.
- You will be entitled to all the rights and privileges exercisable for the type of membership chosen.
- You cannot transfer this agreement to anyone else.
Fees and charges
- The sliding scale starter payment, first month payment and joining fee, where applicable, is due from you to us. This is payable immediately and is not refundable in any circumstances other than those set out in clause 7 in the general terms below.
- The Direct Debit payment amount is due from you to us. You are obligated to make a minimum of one direct debit payment, you are obligated to continue to make direct debit payments, regardless of non-attendance, unless you notify us in writing as set out in our cancellation policy.
- You agree to advise us immediately of any change to the Members Details provided.
We will automatically continue collecting the Direct Debit payment amount every month. Your membership will be extended by one month each payment. Each payment made is not refundable under any circumstances.
We may amend your direct debit amount unless you have a ‘Fixed price for Life’ membership, by advising you in writing giving 10 days’ notice
- You agree to comply with the rules of membership which are displayed prominently in the centre, and relate to opening hours, use of facilities and your conduct. We may make reasonable changes to these rules at any time provided we give you advance notice of the change.
- If we take no action, let you off any breach of this agreement, or give you extra time to pay or comply, it will not stop us enforcing the terms of this agreement strictly at a future date.
- We may assign the benefit of this agreement and our rights thereunder to a third party on notice to you.
- Your rights under this agreement will not be prejudiced.
- This agreement is governed by English Law.
- You have the right to cancel this agreement within 10 days of the start date by sending or delivering written notice of cancellation to us. We shall refund you in full any money which has been paid towards membership fees.
- We may terminate this agreement with immediate effect on notice to you if you are in breach of the centre’s rules. In this event, you will not be liable to pay any further Direct Debit payments, provided that we do not deem such breach as to have occurred primarily in order to qualify you for a refund.
- You may place your membership on 'freeze' for a period of one to nine months. Each month your membership is frozen will be subject to a £5 administration charge which must be paid by direct debit. This must be requested in writing to email@example.com.
- If you miss 3 booked sessions in a one month period, you will be barred from making online bookings for one month.
Ensure you have your membership card to gain entry - entry may be refused without it.
A member may cancel their membership by providing 30 days’ written notice.
You can send your written notice to cancel your membership to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use of your information
You have a right to receive a copy of the information we hold about you if you apply to us in writing. A fee will be payable.
You can find out more about how Medway Council handles your personal data on our website.