Libraries and hubs are open
All of our community hubs and libraries are now open with a reduced service.
Our face to face service has re-opened in each library for council and library enquiries.
Our staff sit behind perspex screens mounted on tables. They use sanitiser gel and wipes before and after handling equipment, furniture and books.
- return books
- use our click and collect, and reservations services
- collect reusable recycling bags
- collect caddy liners
- browse our book shelves
You can book a computer slot by phoning 01634 337 799. Speak to staff if you need extra time to complete a Universal Credit claim.
The mobile library will remain closed.
You cannot buy daily parking visitor vouchers at community hubs or libraries. You can buy daily parking visitor vouchers by phoning 01634 332 266.
You are encouraged to use contactless payment where possible.
From Saturday 8 August, you must wear a face covering in many of our venues. This includes libraries, theatres, museums, galleries and other tourist attractions. Find out more about face coverings.
Test and trace
When you visit our buildings, we'll ask for your name, phone number and information about your visit. This is to keep you and others safe. You cannot enter our buildings if you do not give us your details.
More about test and trace.
Please follow social distancing guidance.
You can reserve specific items for collection at a community hub or library of your choice.
Click and collect
Our new click and collect service allows you to request a specific genre, style or type of book which library staff will select for you, for example westerns or books about photography. You can choose which community hub or library to collect the books from.
Loans, renewals and membership
Until further notice:
- loans and renewals will once again be for 3 weeks only
- you can renew loans up to 15 times
- any overdue charges and fines will be waived
- the system for borrowing books from partner libraries has been suspended
- library cards due to expire will automatically be renewed for another year
You can use our 24-hour online services to:
- borrow an eBook eAudiobook or eMagazine
- view online resources – including access to the Encyclopaedia Britannica Online and the Dictionary of National Biography
- search for books
- reserve or renew a book by logging onto your account with your library card and PIN
- click and collect
- join a library
Events and activities
Events and group activities held at our libraries and archives centre remain cancelled until further notice.
We're running virtual book clubs during this time.
Find a library
View opening hours for community hubs and libraries on find a library.