During the current situation, our priority is to continue providing essential council services, while protecting the health and wellbeing of our residents.
Some of our services have temporarily stopped or changed:
- Upnor Castle is open. The castle’s opening hours have been reduced to Tuesday to Sunday, between 10am and 5pm, with last admission at 4.30pm. Visitors to Upnor Castle can park in nearby pay and display car parks.
- Rochester Castle is currently closed until further notice for essential maintenance. The castle grounds remain open until 5pm each day.
- Guildhall Museum is open.
- the Visitor Information Centre (including Rochester Art Gallery) is open.
- Eastgate House, Temple Manor and Brook Pumping Station will remain closed until further notice
- Medway Archives Centre is open for pre-booked appointments only
- shows at The Brook and Central Theatres in Chatham are being rescheduled
- events and group activities have been cancelled
You must wear a face covering in many of our venues. This includes libraries, theatres, museums, galleries and other tourist attractions. Find out more about face coverings.
Test and trace
When you visit our tourist sites or buildings, we'll ask for your name, phone number and information about your visit. This is to keep you and others safe. You cannot enter our buildings if you do not give us your details.
More about test and trace.
Please follow social distancing guidelines.
Creative sector support
Together with support from partners and other local authorities, we have brought together information and advice to support the creative sector.
More about creative sector support