The limitations apply to the:
- number of times a person (the premises user) can give a temporary event notice (TEN) (50 times per year for a personal licence holder and five times per year for other people)
- length of times a personcan give a late temporary event notice (LTEN) (10 times per year for a personal licence holder and 2 times per year for other people)
- number of times a TEN may be given in respect of any particular premises (12 times in a calendar year)
- length of time a TEN may last for these purposes (168 hours)
- maximum aggregate duration of the periods covered by TENs at any individual premises (21 days per calendar year)
- scale of the event in terms of the maximum number of people attending at any one time (a maximum of 499)
If the limitations cannot be met, a Premises Licence will be required.